Re: Cute anime stuff

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Theodore Hua <quark@u.washington.edu>
subject Re: Cute anime stuff
date Thu, 4 Jan 1996 12:43:57 -0800 (PST)
Konnichiwa!

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:

>    I finally got to see 801 T.T.S. yesterday.  The girls are really cute,
> also.  Although, I can't imagine how all these "rejects" of the air force
> can be so ridiculously cute.  And busty.  Really, really busty.  (^_^;;)

	Can we say GAINAX? =P

>    Sakura isn't the cutest character, but she's cute enough to keep the
> Kikko-Krazy fen satisfied.

	I thought Kikukookie was another term for Kiko-chan fen?

>    Are there only three OVAs?  I thought there were more.  I'd definitely
> would like to see more, because I think that the story can really go
> places.  I'm REALLY hoping it's not gonna pull an Orange Road where the
> love triangle schtick goes ad infinitum...

	Didn't Hitoshi say that they were making more?  Or was that with
the Drama CDs?  I just like the fact that the mechanic is an otaku and he
has all those models.  It was fun to figure out which series those models
came from. ^.^;;

>    I also saw Princess Minerva yesterday.  It was okay.  The story is
> pretty stupid, but at least you get plenty of girls.
>    Blue Morris is cute enough to for most of the Kikko-Krazy fen.

	I thought it was below par. *raspberry*

>    Maps was also somewhat disappointing, but at least you have Kikko
> playing Lipurain (or "Rain" as they say in the show).  It's not that
> cute, but the idea behind spaceships shaped like women are is cool, in my
> stupid opinion.

	Disappointing in the cute department, yes, as for story, no.  I
rather liked MAPS.  The opening song was nice and it just had a nice
sci-fi feel that I haven't seen in a while.  Then again, I could be just
sheltered. =P

>    Oh, I was trying to watch that show that everybody loves, but I got
> confused and couldn't remember the name of it.  I knew it had "-lion" in
> it.  I couldn't figure out how Hirano could have made a show that
> everybody liked, but then I realized that Iczerlion wasn't the same as
> Evangelion.  How humiliating...  -_-;;

	Don't be so hard on yourself. =)

>    Well, the show is a little cute.  I mean, they did have a girl
> named Kawaii, I mean, Kawai Kawai.  ^_^

	*Urk* Frankly, I liked the little iczers without their users.
They looked so adorable. ^_^

Ja ne!

Theo

Search field Search string