[seiyuu:28392] Re: silent majority

to "seiyuu@usagi.org" <seiyuu@usagi.org>
from Joe Petrow <joepetrow@gmail.com>
subject [seiyuu:28392] Re: silent majority
date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 07:34:58 +0900
--047d7bf0d2c4326a1205316ae770

Not sure about this term in particular, but Japanese take foreign words and
terms and give them skewed meanings all the time. A "U-turn" doesn't have
to be U shaped. In baseball, an error can be "timely". A "viking" isn't
even a person.

Language is the ultimate form of democracy. Words take on any meaning that
the public gives them, and can change with public will.

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited