[seiyuu:28199] Re: current season TV shows

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Bradley Huffaker <bhuffake@caida.org>
subject [seiyuu:28199] Re: current season TV shows
date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:01:01 -0700
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 06:19:05AM -0700, Tony Chen wrote:
> On Tue, 9/29/15, Bradley Huffaker <bhuffake@caida.org> wrote:
> sequence with the Japanese diet and the American president and Chinese
> president should have been cut by an editor back when it's still a
> webnovel and replaced with more scenes of the gate side.

It is almost impossible to image that the US military would not have
been activated in the defense of Tokyo and would not have be part of a
joint task force sent through the gate.  The publisher removed stuff
from the webnovel, and the anime repeats the process from the manga.

Even on the military side, wish fullment side won out with a clearly
one sided superiority against foriegn special forces.  If only they
hadn't been betrayed by spineless Japanese politicians.

    Navy seal says "No one told me the JSDF's special forces were this
    capable!"

To be fair it's just an extention of the personal wishfulment on which
the whole show is based.

> The author's attempt to portray politics is bad enough that it's a big minus to
an otherwise interesting
> show. Heck, I find Outbreak Company: Moeru Shinryakusha to have a better portrayal
of earth politics.

Earth politics were better, but otherworld was less so. The dud needed
to take an economics course if he is going to base his comic on economics.

--
    the value of a world model is not how accurately it captures reality
    but how often it leads us to take appropriate action

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs