[seiyuu:27949] Re: events Jan 5th - Jan 8th

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com>
subject [seiyuu:27949] Re: events Jan 5th - Jan 8th
date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:41:28 -0800
> On Dec 17, 2014, at 8:26 PM, Hitoshi Doi <doi@usagi.org> wrote:
>
> Bradley Huffaker <bhuffake@caida.org> wrote:
> |
> | Unfortunate for them, good for you.  I'm sure Hawaii is a very nice
> | change from Tokyo's weather this time of year.
>
> My daughter says it's "cold at night" in Hawaii this winter,
> but that's all relative.  It's much warmer than Tokyo.

“Cold at night” in Hawaii in January is warmer than “it’s
warm today” in Tokyo in January. :P

(seriously, there’s no chance of snow in Hawaii in January. Or any other month.
Unless you’re heading up to the top of one of the volcanoes. :P)

> | Well, I was hopefully that there would be low level events where they
> | can get tickets. How would we go about getting tickets to the ISUCA or
> | Faylan events?
>
> There are many low level events in small places all over Tokyo.
> The ones most interesting to anime/manga/game fans would be in
> or near Akiba.  The only way to check for these is to look at
> the blogs of the girls/groups or the web sites of the live houses.
>
> One of the larger ones is TwinBox Akihabara.
> They have something going on almost every day and night,
> but I don't see a Jan 2015 schedule yet.

> | > Nakano Broadway.  For Tokyo : Akiba, Nakano, Ikebukuro, and/or Ariake,
> | > are the holy lands.
>
> Nakano Broadway is like a mini Akihabara.
> The selection of stuff is smaller, but usually the prices are cheaper.

I have a friend named Nakano that offered to show me around next time I head to Japan.
:P

It’s definitely a good place to hit up if there’s interest in Akiba.

> | They really want to visit a maid cafe if you have a suggestion.
>
> Some of the maid cafes have "live" music (maids singing on a small
> stage inside the cafe).
>
> Maidreamin is probably the biggest and most foreigner friendly,
> but not cheap.  There are several of these in Akiba.

I’ve been to Maidreamin’. I’m not a big fan of the maid cafe
thing, but had to visit at least once. And indeed, it wasn’t cheap. And there
were other groups of foreigners in there, though I’m not sure how well that

worked out for them; it seemed like at least one group in there didn’t speak
any Japanese while my group had a native Japanese speaker (a girl, no less) and me
and my poor Japanese skills, then two without much Japanese abilities at all.

If the groups is into anime music or vocaloid music and the club scene, there’s
a well known club called Mogra that you can visit. Heck, you can watch live streams
from the club every weekend to get a feel for it
(http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mogra1). I know some friends always visit at least
once when they go to visit Japan. They have a schedule of their events, but I don’t
think they go out to January yet. Worth checking out; it’s kind of
small, but sometimes it’s fun to watch how fans do things.

--Tim

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited