[seiyuu:27705] Re: current love live event

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com>
subject [seiyuu:27705] Re: current love live event
date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:50:05 -0800
On Jan 14, 2014, at 10:20 PM, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com> wrote:
> |
> | On Jan 14, 2014, at 5:14 PM, Hitoshi Doi <doi@usagi.org> wrote:
> |
> | > This event is getting crazy!
> |
> | Indeed. I pretty much gave up when I realized it was going to carry way over
> | 70k (likely).
>
> The event just ended, and I think the final cutoff will be
> somewhere in the high 72K or low 73K.
> I didn't have to use any stones in the last hour,
> as I was already at 73K and knew I can make 74K.
> This was the easiest last hour of an event for me. (^ ^;
> I have to plan my events this way from now on.

My friend ended at 73.3k and with 8 min left to go, he was in 8.8k place. So I think
high 72k is probably about right.

> an observation:
>
> This morning and in the last hour, I played against a lot of
> people in the 60K - 70K range (rank 4K - 10K).
> Most of them weren't very good.  I got 1st place in many of the games.
> I couldn't believe it, as my combo is usually below 100 (below C).

Difference between S rank last place on Expert and S rank first place on Expert is
80 something points. So I think those that are in the upper range are there because
of stone spending, not skill. :P Then of course, you have people like my friend that
tends to live in the 2k and better placing (and perfect combos all the expert songs
pretty much the day they come out).

> But it's those guys in the 10K - 20K range.. They don't seem to
> be trying very hard at the events, but they get the full combo
> and easily blow my game score away.

They blow me away a lot of the time. But I'm also in that range, so I win sometimes.
:P Competition is pretty fierce in that space.  I just S-rank and hope for the best.

On Jan 14, 2014, at 10:40 PM, Stephen Lee wrote:

>> This morning and in the last hour, I played against a lot of
>> people in the 60K - 70K range (rank 4K - 10K).
>> Most of them weren't very good.  I got 1st place in many of the games.
>> I couldn't believe it, as my combo is usually below 100 (below C).
>
> Cards you have is the biggest factor to your score...  And combo
> doesn't affect the score much I think, just the number of misses, so it
> doesn't matter if you miss early in the song or in the middle (which
> will cut your combo in half).

Combo can affect your personal score pretty importantly. You get bonus points per
hit at 50 combo, 100 combo, 200 combo and 400 combo. Hits after 400 give you 25% points
than hits before combo 50. Getting bad hits also hurt pretty bad (40% of the score
of a Perfect). Goods hurt by breaking your combos, of course.

But of course, having good cards is paramount. Nothing like getting slaughtered by
people not using matching color centers, even if you do full combo. Like losing by
30k points or more.

--Tim

Search field Search string

archive list