[seiyuu:27517] Re: Itai Cellular Base Station (Oreimo S2 Eps14-16) *SPOILERS and Rambling*

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from "T.F." <raiel74@gmail.com>
subject [seiyuu:27517] Re: Itai Cellular Base Station (Oreimo S2 Eps14-16) *SPOILERS and Rambling*
date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:17:35 -0400
--047d7bdc8afe7ea12d04e44cc327

Bear said:
"The Kuroneko spinoff manga doesn't seem to offer much
so far. I've read 2 volumes of it so far and it's just the
same story from a different viewpoint and a little more
elaboration on the LN/Anime."

That is disappointing. I had believed the Kuroneko manga was a "Kuroneko
goes to high school" story which took place after Oreimo and had a new
story.

~Knight of the Black Rose

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Bear "replicant" Powell <
replicant@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Response to 'CuSO4' Yung:
>
> Yeah, too many shows have been getting these "endings"
> so they can always leave it open for future products.
>
> And I do agree that it is 100% pointless to try and prove
> it was "Fake", but that is how it came across to me. They
> basically did a Yosuga no Sora (Sora Arc) ending with a
> swerve to have Kyousuke destroy any character he had
> and finish with nothing while waltzing into his future with
> a smile and playfulness to his now "Natural Sister". They
> allowed Kirino on the otherhand to escape unscathed and
>
> The whole Manami event was forced and ridiculous. It
> added absolutely nothing to the story except a moment
> of initial surprise for a show absent of violence. To me
> they actually succeeded there in destroying her character
> and at the same time destroying Kyousuke even more.
> His actions there meant absolutely nothing.
>
> I had high hopes that they would alter the ending after
> the fall out of the LN endings. Granted destruction of
> final novels/anime/etc isn't exactly a new thing, but I
> saw quite a bit of public backlash over the non-ending
> of the novels. It seriously shows a lack of caring from
> Fushimi, but it is his work, so meh.
>
> Response to T.F.:
>
> Yeah, we talked during the season how things were
> probably going to be rushed and quite a bit of it
> unfolded in that way. The "Nobody" ending was how
> the LN's ended so that is exactly what they gave to
> people and the potential copout ending to allow for
> a future "spinoff" or continuation. Such as how the
> Oreimo HD Happy Ending game will continue the
> story somewhat that comes out next month and gives
> Bridget some exposure.
>
> Kuroneko was my choice as well and actually the #1
> choice for I think the past 2 years on various sites and
> magazines. However, I honestly would have been
> happy with him choosing any girl besides Kirino. I
> have no problem with a sibling ending, but I have
> never been a Kirino fan as I simply hated her character.
>
> The Kuroneko spinoff manga doesn't seem to offer much
> so far. I've read 2 volumes of it so far and it's just the
> same story from a different viewpoint and a little more
> elaboration on the LN/Anime. However, it's nothing to
> really alter your perception of events that happened
> from Volume 3 or so of the LN's to at least Volume 5.
> Personally I don't think it would merit a show based
> on it, but I can hald off judgement there until I have
> read it to conclusion.
>
> As for really loving each other. I fully believe now that
> Kirino was simply playing a game. She did love (crush
> maybe) and admire him initially. Kyousuke I think had
> love for her as well which was manipulated and turned
> against him. I have no sympathy for him though as he
> allowed himself this delusion in 14-16 (and most of S2)
> knowing full well how it would all turn out. I've honestly
> not seen a show self-destruct this badly since School
> Days. >_>!

> [...]

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited