[seiyuu:27495] Re: Love Live game event

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com>
subject [seiyuu:27495] Re: Love Live game event
date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:36:56 -0700
On Aug 6, 2013, at 8:25 PM, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Stephen Lee <usagi@softmagi.com> wrote:
> |
> | Both EX songs right now ("Kaguya no Shiro..." and above) are actually
> | reasonable, unlike the older ones that have crazy combos like
> | LRLRLRLRLRLRLR... quickly etc.  But I still can't get full combo :-(
>
> I have trouble with the long holds, especially if they end at
> different times.  For most of the EX songs, I just barely survive.
> I don't come close to getting combos.

The holds in general are my bane. Especially if they're in constant combinations with
other holds (starting/ending at different times) or lots of singles that don't go
directly with the beat. A bunch of quick notes all in a row doesn't affect me as much,
except the ones in the middle of Mermaid Festa vol. 1 hard...can't get better than
B-combo because that section breaks up my combo!

> Aishiteru Banzai is the easiest so far.
> I completed it 20 times so far, and died only once.
> Most others I have a 50% to 75% completion rate.

It's either easier for me to play on my iPad, or I'm better than I think I am. ^ ^;
I rarely die now. Might be because of my health now (32-35, depending on my team).
I have had a few close calls (red zone), especially with Kaguya.

I've been trying to FC Aishiteru Banzai. I know I can do it, just making about 5 well
placed mistakes to keep me away from even B-comboing it. :P

> Kaguya, is too fast.
> I can complete it on the iphone, but the Android can't keep up.

One of my friends happen to just FC that one. I don't think that's possible for me,
but I can complete it as long as I'm not distracted (e.g. getting mad at the mistakes
I don't think I'm making. ^ ^; )

> [event song hard]
> | This one is easier than the last one, though it'll take me more
> | practice before I stop making silly mistakes...
>
> Since my blue team isn't that strong I can't get S rank.
> I also hate that massive double combination near the end.
> I have no idea which order they are flying out at!
> I died there a couple times already.

I can barely make S-rank with most of my friends (SR level blue or better) if I full
combo the song. If I almost full combo the song, I can still do it if I'm lucky (enough
perfects). I think I can crack 3000 pts tonight and 4000 tomorrow. Which is going
to come in handy, since I'm flying across the country to help my friend out at Otakon
(which will reduce the amount I can play). Going to be a bit of a struggle to get
to 11,000 by the 15th, but I think I can do it.

> I wonder if the positioning of the girls (besides the center)
> in the team makes any difference in the score?

Does the guidebook say anything? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I doubt I could read
it even if I had it. :P Can't cheat with my computer; I'd have to look up all the
kanji manually. ^ ^;

> About my roster.. before I was just happy to get the R cards
> because they had high points.  But now with a couple SRs for
> each color, I don't need the Rs that don't match the colors.
> They are just too weak to get good scores.
> Unfortunately most of the skill for the weak Rs don't match
> the skill of the strong Rs so I can't use them to up the
> skill level.  Right now I have quite a few at skill level 3,
> but have failed at all level 4 attempts.  I will have to grow
> some of the Rs and try a 3+3 to see if I can get a level 4.

From what I've read, this is the only guaranteed way to level up the skills. Level
with the same skill level should guarantee advancement. Though a couple of friends
got lucky and managed to Lv 4 a card without using a Lv 3 skill card. Damn my friends.
:P

I managed to get a Lv 4 (my UR Umi from the BD) by kit bashing together a Lv 3 (using
different Lv 1s and managing a Lv 3 out of them). So it does seem like it's a guarantee.
Now if I could make another Lv 4. :P

--Tim
Search field Search string

archive list