[seiyuu:27186] Re: Mimori Suzuko in Atlanta

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com>
subject [seiyuu:27186] Re: Mimori Suzuko in Atlanta
date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:27:35 -0700
Sorry I'm late with the replies, but I've had an eye irritation that's made it more
difficult to see things clearly. Finally getting better; I'll finish writing up my
stalk Mimorin…errr…I mean AWA report soon.

On Oct 6, 2012, at 7:33 PM, Hitoshi Doi <doi@usagi.org> wrote:

> Timothy Yeh <tenton@mac.com> wrote:
> |
> | I'm in the middle of collecting my thoughts on the weekend;
> | a brief write up is coming. But until then, I leave everyone with
> | this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenton/8050549931/in/set-72157631683320949
.

> Thank you.
> I wish photos were allowed at Japanese events too.
> Maybe I'll have to start going to foreign events..

The access at some of the larger events (i.e. Anime Expo*) is more limited, just due
to the raw numbers. If a seiyuu you like is going to one of the regional conventions
(e.g. AWA, Animazement, etc.), there's nothing comparable to the level of access you
can get, since very few people will know them and even less will be big fans of them.

I really don't understand why photos are pretty much not allowed at any Japanese event;
you would think such things would aid in promotion. Maybe the staff feel that the
seiyuu here are mostly unknown, so any interest is a good thing (means attendance
at autograph sessions and various events), so they're more lenient at the smaller
conventions.

*Depending on the guest and what their management wants, photos might be restricted
at the large conventions. For example, I met Horie Yui and Kitamura Eri at AX, but
I don't have pictures of them. Autographs aren't usually too hard to get if you're
willing to wait for it (i.e. potentially sacrifice other things at the convention).

--Tim

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited