cc <usagi@usagi.org>
from "Michael Studte" <izumi@iinet.net.au>
subject [seiyuu:27167] Re: ABK0048 songs
date Fri, 7 Sep 2012 12:35:53 +0800
Still a long way from finishing the series, ahhhh, too much to watch.

Started watching Saba Doru, live action drama with the AKB48 subgroup whose
name I can never remember... Main character is Watanabe Mayu. So, are AKB48
and Nogizaka 46 in any way related? This series seems to imply that a person
from one group can be "traded" to the other...

And yup, AKB0048 will continue next year:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2012-08-24/akb0048-next-stage-to-pre
miere-in-early-2013

I'm following several of the girls on Google+ now, the English translated
posts make it so much easier. :)

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitoshi Doi [mailto:doi@usagi.org]
Sent: Friday, 7 September 2012 11:28 AM
To: seiyuu@usagi.org; usagi@usagi.org
Subject: [seiyuu:27165] ABK0048 songs

I just finished watching the AKB0048 TV series.
I'm not that much of a AKB48 fan, but I liked the anime.
Actually there aren't many "idol" anime that I didn't like.. (^_^;

The series started out kind of slow, but the last few episodes were very
good.  Instead of just the typical idol girl story, there was just enough
giant robot battles mixed in to make it fun.

I also liked the songs for AKB0048, sung by a subgroup of AKB+SKE+NMB,
called NO NAME.
Of the songs, I liked the ED the best.  But the OP is also catchy.

Things I didnt like were the CG polygon character dance scenes.
I wish the dance scenes were done with normal animation.

But the ending.. wasn't a good ending.
There are still many unanswered questions, and I hope there is another
series.

The AKB0048 OP and ED were released on one CD, but there were two versions
of the CD, Type A and Type B.

  http://www.usagi.org/doi/seiyuu/cd/bamboo/kibou-tsuiteA.html
  http://www.usagi.org/doi/seiyuu/cd/bamboo/kibou-tsuiteB.html

The CD itself was the same, but the packaging and the contents of the DVD
were different.

Type A had the real AKB girls on the cover.
Type B had the animated characters on the cover.

The DVD for type A had a promo video of the OP, "Kibou ni Tsuite", with the
NO NAME girls cosplaying as the AKB004 characters.

The DVD for type B had an animated music video of the OP.
I don't know who would want that..

But the DVD for type B also has a couple "making of" type videos.
One has the animation staff.  The other is a "tour" of the animation studio,
by three of the NO NAME girls (Satou Amina, Ishida Haruka, Satou Sumire).
Fans of AKB might get type B just for this.

For type A, in addition to the promo video, there is also a 40 minute video
containing talk by the NO NAME girls, eating shabu shabu at a fancy
restaurant.  In addition to the NO NAME girls, Kakazu Yumi also appears and
leads the talk about the AKB0048 anime and other topics.
This video is very cute.  I think Hata Sawako was the cutest one.

--

iphone sized videos at www.usagi.org/TMP/noname/

--
Hitoshi Doi