[seiyuu:26618] Re: Maybe I should move to North Carolina?

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Henri Chen <henri.chen@aya.yale.edu>
subject [seiyuu:26618] Re: Maybe I should move to North Carolina?
date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:49:52 -0500
I was at Otakon 2009 and attended both of Inoue-san's panels (the one in
the YouTube link was the second; in fact, I think I was sitting a few
rows in front of the person who was filming).  At both sessions, I was
able to ask her a question, too.  And, I also made it into her first
autograph session, at which she signed for me a Rune Venus cel from
El-Hazard (which already had the autograph of character designer
Nakazawa Kazuto, from an earlier Otakon) and a long Shiori poster from
Voogie's Angel, both of which were items I got from Hitoshi a few years
ago.  Thanks, Hitoshi!  I even got to talk to her briefly in Japanese at
the signing.  I let her know that I became a fan of hers 10 years ago.
Meeting and getting a picture with her was by far the highlight of my
Otakon 2009 experience.
Now, why I didn't e-mail the seiyuu list earlier. . . . I, uh, just
completely forgot.  I was reminding myself repeatedly, when I wasn't
able to, but eventually it just got overlooked entirely.
Incidentally, after she signed my items, I asked her if she remembered
one Doi Hitoshi, a fan of hers in Japan from many years ago.  She gave a
kind of "Uh . . . yeah?" answer, so I think that leaned more to the "No"
side. :( Don't worry, Hitoshi, I still remember you!
Live long and prosper.

							Henri Chen

P.S. The guy sitting on her left in the YouTube video is Matsubara
Hidenori, Ah My Goddess anime character designer and animation director
from the movie onward.  I also attended his panel later.