[seiyuu:26470] Re: Lucky Star OVA

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject [seiyuu:26470] Re: Lucky Star OVA
date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 05:21:52 +0800
Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> I liked the Lucky Star TV series, but I was a little disappointed
> in the OVA.  (just went on sale last week)

The DVD was officially released on  9/26 but you could get it
in Akiba on 9/24.  My copy was shipped to me on 10/2, but
I have already watched the content on 9/25.

In this DVD, OVA stands for "Original Visual and Animation"

The sales of this OVA DVD is quite well.  Oricon DVD
overall daily sales ranking showed it ranked 1st on 9/25 and
9/26, ranked 2nd on 9/27, and 3rd on 9/28.  Overall weekly
ranking showed it ranked 3rd for the week up to 10/3.

> In addition to the OVA, the DVD contains 25 minutes of tokuten video.
> For a seiyuu fan, this was the hilight of the OVA.

Agreed.

> The second tokuten contains video clips of a Lucky Star event
> in Washinomiya (2008.04.06).
> The seiyuu participating in that event were Shiraishi Minoru,
> Katou Emiri, and Fukuhara Kaori.
> (LOTS of cuteness here!)

I went to Washinomiya 3 times already, and one of the
time was after the event showed in the tokuten clips,
so I was able get took some photos of the stone monument
and the ema shown in the clip.

As for the main content :

In the orienteering field trip scenes, Miyuki provided solution
to one of their problem, Konata said "sasuga MiWiki-san !"
This is in response to comments of NicoNico Video users
nicknaming her "MiWiki" during the TV series.

In the pet shop scenes, the gang's dialogue reflects the
other roles currently being voiced by the speaker's "naka
no hito" (seiyuu).

 E.g. Kagami talked about that black cat is not a majo
and Konata replied that she would not take its soul.  This
apparently refers to Katou Emiri (Kagami) being Burea in
TV anime series Soul Eater, where Burea is a black cat
that pretends to be a majo, with the lead characters trying
to get her soul in the 1st episode.

E.g. Konata said Miyuki-san is the songstress of the
galaxy, apparently referring to Endou Aya (Miyuki)
being Sheryl Nome in TV anime series Macross Frontier.

--
'CuSO4' Yung

Search field Search string

archive list