[seiyuu:26237] Re: English narrator and seiyuu audition

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from "Joe Petrow" <joepetrow@gmail.com>
subject [seiyuu:26237] Re: English narrator and seiyuu audition
date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:41:34 +0900
On 4/10/07, 'CuSO4' Yung <cuso4@cuso4.com> wrote:
> > From: "Joe Petrow" <joepetrow@gmail.com>
> > On 4/9/07, izumi@iinet.net.au <izumi@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > > Damn, just two years too late. ^_^;
> > Why, did you already file the paperwork for getting Japanese citizenship?
>
> Speaking of which, anyone knows if Sebastien getting the citizenship?
> How long after your marriage can you apply for the citizenship ?

Getting married entitles one to a spouse visa, for which renewal is
much easier than a work visa.  Generally the first step on the road to
citizenship is to get you spousal visa extended from one to three
years.  When that is nearing expiration, the next step is applying for
permanent residency.  When you've had your permanent residency for
about five years, then you have a good chance of getting naturalized,
a process that can take up to two years from the time you first file
the paperwork.

I've had my permanent residency for close to five years now, but I'm
not all that interested in Japanese citizenship yet, as I don't see
any advantage other than being able to visit countries like Cuba.

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited