[seiyuu:26227] Re: What does it take to be a seiyuu?

to seiyuu@usagi.org
cc Andrea Clunes <andreaclunes@gmail.com>
from Knight of the Black Rose <tony.figueroa@fuse.net>
subject [seiyuu:26227] Re: What does it take to be a seiyuu?
date Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:45:13 -0400
---- Andrea Clunes <andreaclunes@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Andrea, nice to hear from you again!

This list has felt rather quiet lately.

Good luck with your information search. I've tried googling information for stories
on what people go through to become a Japanese seiyuu (out of mere curiosity), but
I never really met with success. I imagine most of those pages would be in Japanese

(which I can't read all that fluently).

> I never said I want to become a seiyuu myself. I'm just curious and

Well, you did say you wanted to become a Chilean voice actress. That might confuse
some people. I do consider seiyuu to purely mean Japanese voice actors.

But, I did understand your message to mean you want info on seiyuu out of curiosity,
not help in becoming a voice actress in Chile?

> I'm sorry to see this is the kind of response people get now in this
> mailing list, when asking a question that's not only fair but related
> to the topic of the list.

Well, Joe's response was rather harsh and did make the assumption that you hadn't
done any other research. However, diplomacy can serve everyone well. I've been on
this list since the mid-90s, and Joe was already here when I joined. So, I imagine

there might be some people here with the knowledge that might interest you. I would
also find those stories an interesting read.

Anyway, it's nice to see traffic on this list. I don't know if the problem is that
most of the seiyuus liked by those on this list when they joined don't do much anymore.

Either that or most of us have re-prioritized our hobbies. However, I find it very
nice to hear Orikasa Ai, Hisakawa Aya, and [girl who voiced Utena, Kawakmi Tomoko?
I actually recognize her kanji better than I can say her name ^_^;;] in History's

Strongest Disciple Kenichi

-Tony

Search field Search string

archive list