[seiyuu:26184] Re: (OT) Japanese law question

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from <karakael@cox.net>
subject [seiyuu:26184] Re: (OT) Japanese law question
date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:48:24 -0500
---- Fumitaka Joe <nihonjoe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been told that it's against the law for people to take
> identifiable photos of people (especially celebrities and high-profile
> people) in Japan if they are to be used for non-private purposes. Is
> this true? If it is, do you have a link (English or Japanese) to or
> about it?

Now you've got me curious, but I'm afraid my ability to read Japanese mainly extends
only far enough to allow me to read various seiyuu names. Would it be possible for
someone to summarize in English? Might this affect whether or not one could put
their own photographs of seiyuu on publicly accessible websites? (So it's not *completely*
off topic.)

-Kael

Search field Search string

archive list