[seiyuu:25581] Re: Kakyuusei 2

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from "Michael Studte" <izumi@iinet.net.au>
subject [seiyuu:25581] Re: Kakyuusei 2
date 16 Jul 2004 04:05:30 -0000

> >|Where, inside or outside Japan? The ones in Japan are still
> >|very cute and/or attractive.
> >
> > Only some.
>
> I guess that means the number of cosplayers who actually look good is
> dwindling, and the number of cosplayers who are scary (i.e. just to grab
> attention) are increasing.

No, I wouldn't go that far.

I think Hitoshi is really limiting the results... I think the vast majority is
still cute/appropriate looking.

There were only two times that I was a little freaked out...

One was a guy dressed up as Rabi-en Rose, and, frankly, he could pull it off.
At a distance, you could not tell that it wasn't a woman...

The second was a mechanical costume of a female character that it turned out
had a male "pilot" inside. The mecha costume had high heels and all, and it
was impossible to tell without the helmet removed.

I think if Hitoshi said "Only Some" about the japanese cosplayers, the foreign
ones would just plain freak him out. <grin>

> I know this. Two years ago, some friends of mine manning a booth (we're an
RPG
> gamer group) at the Philippine C3 convention (comic and animation) had to -
> BODILY- remove a fat, short, ugly guy cosplaying as Genjo Sanzou or whoever
it

BUT, you definitely do not get this in Japan.

If anything, here the "unattractive or fat" ones would choose appropriate
cosplay, for example I saw a bunch of guys dressed in Jion soldier uniforms,
and they looked great, IN THAT PART.

Here it's just the photographers who are scary. (Not counting Hitoshi.) ^_^

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs