[seiyuu:25580] Re: Kakyuusei 2

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from cybertrooper@edsamail.com.ph
subject [seiyuu:25580] Re: Kakyuusei 2
date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:08:35 +0800
Quoting Hitoshi Doi <doi@win.ne.jp>:
>Michael wrote:
>|>Personally, considering the number of unattractive cosplayer
>|>pics floating aroudn the net these past few years, I'd call
>|>that a good thing. the last
>|
>|Where, inside or outside Japan? The ones in Japan are still
>|very cute and/or attractive.
>
> Only some.

I guess that means the number of cosplayers who actually look good is
dwindling, and the number of cosplayers who are scary (i.e. just to grab
attention) are increasing.

I know this. Two years ago, some friends of mine manning a booth (we're an RPG
gamer group) at the Philippine C3 convention (comic and animation) had to -
BODILY- remove a fat, short, ugly guy cosplaying as Genjo Sanzou or whoever it
is from a bishounen anime--was trying to use it as an excuse to steal the
girlfriend of one of my friends. That and he just wouldn't leave our booth
(thus scaring away potential applicants).

I guess that's what scares me the most--some peopel actually cosplay because
they think they can pick up girls (or guys) dressed up as a bishounen or
bishoujo character they look nothing like.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs