[seiyuu:25419] Re: upcoming events 4/17-4/22

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Stephen Lee <slee@muf.biglobe.ne.jp>
subject [seiyuu:25419] Re: upcoming events 4/17-4/22
date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:52:58 +0900
doi@win.ne.jp (Hitoshi Doi) wrote:

> The Conan and Crayon Shin-chan movies open this weekend.
>
> 2004.04.17 [12:00] Meitantei Conan movie event at Toho Cinemas Kawasaki
>  Takayama Minami
>  Yamazaki Wakana
>  Kamiya Akira

Went to the movie and the event.  The movie was enjoyable, I laughed a
lot.  There were a few self-referencing jokes.  It was a surprise who
Kid was (obviously) disguised as, it was very funny how nothing could be
done about it.

Half of the movie is the usual solve the mystery and half of it is
action.

As usual, after the movie it was announced that the next Conan movie was
planned for next year's Golden Week.

The 3 seiyuus came up to the stage after the movie, along with Conan,
Ran and Kogoro.  (3 people wearing big heads of the characters.  What do
you call those?)

Takayama Minami, Conan, Yamazaki Wakana, Ran, Kamiya Akira, Kogoro spoke
in that order.  The characters acted like they were speaking and the
seiyuus spook with the characters' voices.  It was like watching an
after-record(sp?) live.

They talked about the movie, thanks for coming, please come back next
year and how beautiful the cinema was (it is pretty new, I think opened
less than a year ago).  Takayama Minami said the place looked like the
inside of a plane (half of the movie took place on one).

Kamiya Akira's voice was the most different from his character's.
Kogoro's voice is very low and husky.  Ran's the most similar.  Takayama
Minami's voice is different but some of the time she spoke with Conan's
voice.

Kamiya Akira mentioned there were a lot of kids in the theatre.  The
Conan event earlier in the day, in Yuurakuchou, were attended mostly by
'larger friends' (in Kamiya Akira's word) and he was relieved to see more
of the 'target audience' attending.  He mentioned the next movie would
be the 9th and that means Conan will have its 10th anniversery.

Kamiya Akira asked whether the audience think the movie was good, and
was replied by applause.  He said that, 'in that case, please feel free
to mumble among yourselves "the movie was good, isn't it" "what an
interesting movie" on your way out (to show other people)'.

Report of an earlier (preview) event is here.  You can see the big head
characters in the photos.

http://www.toho.co.jp/movienews/0404/03conan_kh.html

Stephen

Search field Search string