[seiyuu:25413] Sayonoara wa dance no ato ni/Moonlight Densetsu

to <seiyuu@usagi.org>
from "Albert Tanone" <albert@implodingsheep.com>
subject [seiyuu:25413] Sayonoara wa dance no ato ni/Moonlight Densetsu
date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:46:44 -0400
I was going to beg for this song file but then I did a google search and
it seems like it's on the Omoide Poro Poro OST CD
(http://membres.lycos.fr/bpam/pages/mobile/movies/ghibli/mghibli7.htm)
-- unless it's a different song ... but if you look at the bottom it
says that #13 was performed by Baishou Chieko ... so I'll go ahead and
check it out when I get home later tonight and let you guys know.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Kishiji Bando
	Sent: Wed 04/14/04 14:55
	To: seiyuu@usagi.org
	Subject: [seiyuu:25411] Re: Some Seiyuu News

	Hi hi,

	'CuSO4' Yung thus spoke:

	> > By the way, what is Mitsuishi Kotono working at lately?
	>
	> Gundam Seed : Kanchou-dono & Halo (2 roles)
	> Cosmos-zou : SM Queen
	> MouSou (Paranoia Agent) : Teacher/call girl (1 person
	> 2 persona)
	> etc.

	No way!!! O_O I watched Paranoia Agent 1 and 2 a few weeks ago,
	and I have episodes 3+ too, but I hadn't watched them yet...
	I wanted to finish with other series before... there is so much
	anime to watch and so little time... ^_^;;; I had absolutely
	no idea who Harumi/Maria was voiced by... ^_^;;;

	(twenty-five minutes later) Alright, done, I watched episode 3!
	All I have to say is WOW!!! ^_^ Kotono-sama is incredible...
	No wonder Kobayashi Yumiko proclaimed, in Puni Puni Poemi, that
	Mitsuishi Kotono should be every seiyuu's object of akogare,
	seeing as she is the best in the world... ^_^

	Oh, I'm not following Gundam Seed / Cosmos... maybe I should...
	Does she play main characters in those, or just episodic roles?
	(I really gotta keep myself better informed... ^_^;;; )

	> > Funny thing is, I don't remember her at all as an actress
	> > or as a seiyuu, but I remember her very well as a singer,
	> > mainly because of "Sayonara wa dance no ato ni" - which
	> > was eventually turned into "Moonlight Densetsu" which was
	> > the opening song for a certain TV anime series... ^_-
	>
	> I did not know the relation between the 2 songs.  Can you
	> give me more information on this ?  Thanks in advance.

	It's a bit of obscure trivia that was unearthed by dedicated
	Sailor Moon fans. ^_^ "Sayonara wa dance no ato ni" was popular
	in the 60s/70s, a catchy song performed by Baishou Chieko...
	I have a mp3 of it somewhere, and it's quite good, I like it...
	"Moonlight Legend" is sung to a melody swiped from that song...
	If you listen to both of them it's very obvious, MD is a little
	faster and perkier (the original is slow and pretty melancholy)
	but there's no doubt it's the same song. ^_^

	Ja ja,
	       KB

	  "Kono hon ni ha,
	   Hajimari ha aru ga,
	   Owari ha nai."
	           (A haiku dedicated to a book named "Pi",
	           in Seraphim Call episode 7)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited