Re: How do seiyuu get cast?

to <seiyuu@usagi.org>
from Jean Takabayashi <jeant@lava.net>
subject Re: How do seiyuu get cast?
date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:35:37 -1000
on 2/27/04 1:21 AM, Liv at e-traveler@whale-mail.com wrote:

>> From: "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
>> E.g. Hayashibara Megumi, Horie Yui, etc.  Both Starchild.
>
> Now that you mention them. The OP songs for Love Hina and Fruits
> Basket come to mind. ^_^

the OP for Fruits Basket was done by Okazaki Ritsuko, wasn't it?
I mean, I know there's a CD with a cover version by Horie Yui,
but that doesn't exactly count.

>> Some newer seiyuu does not earn enough to support daily
>> life, and many of them wait tables, works in conbini or
>> fastfood shops, etc.  I think those are really
>> moonlighting.
>
> Must be very hard on them to hold two or more jobs at a time. ^_^;

No worse than for any other starving actor, I suppose. If you're not
getting any parts, you don't make money. And that's what places are
open at night for, so that people can have second (or third) jobs
while still hanging around waiting for a call from their day time job
that they passed the audition or got chosen to do some minor part.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs