Re: CC CD

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Joe Monson <nihon@nausicaa.net>
subject Re: CC CD
date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:13:49 -0700
On 29 Jan 2004, at 21:38, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> Joe wrote:
> | On 26 Jan 2004, at 22:47, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> | >
> | > I haven't bought many "real" CDs in a long time, so I didn't know
> | > how widespread the CC CDs were (CCCD = Copy Control CDs).
> |
> | It's becoming more widespread, though Japan seems to be leading the
> | pack with it.
>
> I think this would turn more people toward piracy..

I agree. I think it's a huge overreaction to a big problem: they charge
too much for their products. IMHO, if they lowered the price of the CD
500 yen, they would sell enough extra that it would cover any loss the
drop in price would take away, and they would probably sell enough more
to make even more money than they would at the higher price. I've seen
a lot of lower-priced releases lately that sell really quickly, and
sell a lot. I think they need to pay attention to that.

Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited