Re: CC CD

to seiyuu@usagi.org
from Joe Monson <nihon@nausicaa.net>
subject Re: CC CD
date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:30:03 -0700
On 26 Jan 2004, at 22:47, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> I haven't bought many "real" CDs in a long time, so I didn't know
> how widespread the CC CDs were (CCCD = Copy Control CDs).

It's becoming more widespread, though Japan seems to be leading the
pack with it.

> The CD states (on the jacket) that it won't play on Macs,

This isn't exactly true, because you can get them to play if you trick
the system. There are a couple ways I've heard of:

1. Use a permanent black marker to CAREFULLY mark out the "garbage"
track near the outer edge of the CD. Doing this will cause the laser to
not "see" the garbage, and it will then play just like any other CD.

2. Use electrical tape to block it out while reading it, and then
remove it when done.

Joe

Search field Search string

archive list