Re: getting yahoo auctions

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: getting yahoo auctions
date Mon, 19 May 2003 10:58:24 +0800
> From: "Hitoshi Doi" <doi@win.ne.jp>
> It seems there is a service to buy stuff on yahoo auctions.
>
>    http://www.animechaos.com/deputy/
>
> I haven't checked out the details..  But one of my friends
> is involved.

Tried once.  Service is quite fast.  The only problem is where
you are living.  If you are living in America, there is no
problem at all.  Commission is fair (around 10% in my case).

The way they work is to batch all the things they bidded for
their customers and ship them in one batch to their HQ in
Michigan.  Then the customer needs to inform them to ship the
items to their home.  That is, a 2-step delivery process.

Unfortunately, I am living in Asia.  That means the item I
bidded shipped from Japan to Michigan, then ship back to
Asia.  I asked Animechaos and they said this is cheaper than
shipping it directly to me, plus their agent in Japan will
only ship to them.

They charged me US$12.5 for delivery from Japan to US,
and US$24 for US to Asia.  The box is 1.75 lb (800 grams).
I checked EMS service from Japan to Asia is 1520yen (US$13).
Obviously they are wrong on the "cheaper" thing.

Overall their service is quick, efficient, and satisfactory.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.org, cuso4@cuso4.com,

Search field Search string