Re: Seiyuu Ranking

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from "D L" <illusion@japan.com>
subject Re: Seiyuu Ranking
date Wed, 14 May 2003 00:05:43 -0500
Wow, Gundam Seed sure dominated the charts. Not surprisingly really, but I'm
glad Azumanga Daioh is up there too ^_^

And thanks for the seiyuu ranking. I'm happy to see a lot of my favorites
made it into the top 20.

----- Original Message -----
> From: "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:58:49 +0900
To: seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
Subject: Seiyuu Ranking

Very quite........

Some weeks ago someone here asked about seiyuu ranking in Japan.
Here is one of the many.

Animage Annual Anime Grand Prix : Best Seiyuu
 1st: Hoshi Souichirou
 2nd: Hayashibara Megumi
 3rd: Ishida Akira
 4th: Horie Yui
 5th: Yamaguchi Kappei
 6th: Kawasumi Ayako
 7th: Tanaka Rie
 8th: Seki Tomokazu
 9th: Kuwashima Houko
10th: Ogata Megumi
11th: Tamura Yukari
12th: Takayama Minami
13th: Koyasu Takehito
14th: Kaida Yuki
15th: Midorikawa Hikaru
16th: Suzumura Kenichi
17th: Inoue Kikuko
18th: Mitsuishi Kotono
19th: Saiga Mitsuki
20th: Seki Toshihiko

Animage is a monthly anime magazine.  This year is the 25th Anime
Grand Prix.  However, this year's poll rate is very poor compare
with previous years.  E.g. 1st: 270 votes, 2nd: 242 votes, 3rd:
160 votes.  Back when the 3rd (some said that is 4th) seiyuu
boom, the votes are around 3 thousand+.

Hayashibara Megumi was first for the last 8 years, and got demoted
to second this year.  This year's result apparently being affected
by Gundam Seed.

Other category of this year's Anime Grand Prix:

Grand Prix Department:
1st: Gundam Seed
2nd: Azumanga Daioh
3rd: Inu Yasha

Sub-title Department (Sub-title here means TV episodes):
1st: Gundam Seed Ep.1
2nd: Gundam Seed Ep.5
3rd: Gundam Seed Ep.8

Male Character Department:
1st: Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed)
2nd: Asuran Zara (Gundam Seed)
3rd: Inu Yasha (Inu Yasha)

Female Character Department:
1st: Rakusu Kurain (Gundam Seed)
2nd: Kagari Yura Asuha (Gundam Seed)
3rd: Honda Touru (Fruit Basket)

Anime Song Department:
1st: Anananiisshoudattanoni be SeeSaw (Gundam Seed)
2nd: Invoke by T.M.Revolution (Gundam Seed)
3rd: Shizukanayoruni by Tanaka Rie (Gundam Seed)

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.org, cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, cuso4@computer.org

--