Re: Female seiyuu

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Tulip Ryan <kissedbytulip@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Female seiyuu
date Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:02:42 -0800 (PST)
--- Aurory@aol.com wrote:
> This is just something I found while surfing the web.

Thanks much! That was very interesting reading. ^^

> voice actresses. This week, media exposed that Sakurai Tomo
> married and gave birth of baby girl in 1999 but kept secret.
> Such odd things happen because her office wanted to sell
> her semi-nude picture collection book (stupid reason!).

But if it was a secret, how did this fan find out about the birth,
unless it was from a private source? ^^;

What has the birth got to do with selling a coffee table book of
semi-nude photos? ^^x Recently, a Hongkong actress promoted a similar
book of herself. She is, however, well known not only for her sexy
figure, but the fact that she is already a mother. I think she rather
liked the idea that she defies the commonplace notion of a married
woman or a woman with children being past the point of being considered
"attractive" in any way.

On the other hand, perhaps it is Sakurai Tomo herself who preferred not
to make private issues public fodder? There are celebrities who enjoy
publicity and there are celebrities who conscientiously avoid talking
about their private lives.

> ugly fights to get the female Seiyuu among the male
> workers whose jobs are related to this industry.
> Many female Seiyuus are said to kiss the bossy guy's ass
> often in order to get a new job.

Is this unusual? I don't think such a situation applies only to female
seiyuu in Japan. The need to compete with one's peers and the need to
kiss the boss's ass (especially if it happens to be a male ass ^O^)
happens just about everywhere in every kind of office in every country!

When I had a fulltime job (I worked in the advertising industry), I had
to deal with similar issues every day. ^^;;

> I don't think we have "Idols" here in America, at least not
> the same type of ones in Japan and the rest of Asia).

LMAO! I think the term "groupie" was coined in America. ^^;;

--
A Voice Apart: Ueda Yuuji
http://www.livia.per.sg/ueda-yuuji.html

Search field Search string