Re: Fan Art and Fan Animation...

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Colin Yip <bozak@progsoc.uts.edu.au>
subject Re: Fan Art and Fan Animation...
date Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:03:02 +1100 (EST)
On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, 'CuSO4' Yung wrote:

> > From: "Colin Yip" <bozak@progsoc.uts.edu.au>
> > I just wanna know, if Fan Art is generally called Doujinshi, then what's
> > Fan Animation called and does it exist?
>
> Doujinshi is not fan art.  Doujinshi is a book/magazine which
> is a collection of fan arts/manga etc.

Well, I did say "generally", after all...

> There is not much doujin anime out there simply because of the
> amount of work/labour/money required in producing an anime,
> however short it is.

I'm pretty sure with some powerful software tools available, it'd be
possible to create one's own doujin anime, etc... :-\

> --
> 'CuSO4' Yung
> cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org

Anyway, apologies for being a little off-topic here. I kinda inquired
about this after I saw Eric Kobet's Tainted Donuts demo yesterday
(Apparently it also impressed Kawamoto Toshihiro, the character designer
for Cowboy Bebob).

Don't mind me. I'll just fade back into the shadows now... :-)

--
Col'n

Search field Search string

archive list