Voicelugger (was: New to the ML)

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Kevin Lew -- The Eternal Kasumi <kasumi@usagi.net>
subject Voicelugger (was: New to the ML)
date Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:57:31 +0900 (JST)
On Sun, 4 Nov 2001 Aurory@aol.com wrote:

> I'm new to the mailing list (but not to anime and seiyuu in general).

Welcome!  (Just like they say in "Haunted Junction").

> I was looking at Hitoshi Doi's site and saw that Miki Shin-ichirou was
> in VoiceLugger. I was wanting to know if he was a re-occuring
> character or a regular. Thanks so much to anyone who has information.

That's a good question.  I wrote all the Voicelugger summaries and I don't
remember him in there...  Maybe he is the voice of the narrator or some
other minor character.

====

Hitoshi asked me to write up summaries for Voicelugger.  Hitoshi and
several other of my friends said that this show was "Da Bomb" and I
figured that I wouldn't mind writing summaries to a sentai show.  (I guess
that it had five people, so it's a sentai).

As I watched it, I began to really think that Voicelugger was sort of
dumb, as the plot began to get more and more corny.  Tomizawa Michie
whipping people, the silly looking rubber suits, alien robots shopping for
groceries, the primary bad guy being (basically) a Master Grade Bandai
kit...  I figured that nobody could take this show seriously.  Boy was I
wrong about that...  This show spawned all kinds of merchandising and it
had a big following from seiyuu fans.

Anyway, the dialogue is too hard for me to follow, as live-action shows
speak much faster than anime.  So I just wrote up some sarcastic summaries
as the show had huge plot holes anyway.  I had hopes that somebody would
eventually redo the summaries.  But Hitoshi said that he didn't care so he
posted them as-is on the Voicelugger web page anyway.

http://www.win.ne.jp/~doi/seiyuu/tv/voicelugger/index.html

Anybody that wants to redo them is welcome to do so.

--
   Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- kasumi@usagi.net