Re: Fan Art and Fan Animation...

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: Fan Art and Fan Animation...
date Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:22:49 +0800
> From: "Colin Yip" <bozak@progsoc.uts.edu.au>
> I just wanna know, if Fan Art is generally called Doujinshi, then what's
> Fan Animation called and does it exist?

Doujinshi is not fan art.  Doujinshi is a book/magazine which
is a collection of fan arts/manga etc.

Fan animation is doujin anime.

> Also, if there is such a thing as Fan Animation, does the same process
> that apply to manga publishers fishing out potential artists from
> doujinshi circles also extend to fan animators as well (and possibly
> first-time seiyuu as well, to make this more "on-topic")?  :-)

There is not much doujin anime out there simply because of the
amount of work/labour/money required in producing an anime,
however short it is.

> It's something that's been bugging me as I find more references to
> Doujinshi/Fan-art, but not a lot on "Fanimation"...

See above.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org