BGC Title (was: Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries)

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Tobias Diedrich <ranma@gmx.at>
subject BGC Title (was: Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries)
date Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:33:39 +0100
Kevin Lew -- The Eternal Kasumi wrote:

> > Well, can you tell me how "Bubblegum Crisis" got it's name ?
> > IMHO it's both because it sounds good and maybe because they didn't know
> > better.
>
> No, there's a reason.  It's on the rec.arts.anime.misc FAQ if you read it.
> I haven't read that newsgroup in forever so I don't have it memorized
> anymore.
>
> If I remember right, the show's title represents a "bubble that is about
> to burst".  That is, a situation under serious tension that's about to
> break down and have serious after-effects.

Ah, and I always thought it was a "sounds good" nonsense title ^^;
The FAQ is nice, but I couldn't find a more recent version than from 98 or
so...

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC

Search field Search string