Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Colin Yip <bozak@progsoc.uts.edu.au>
subject Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries
date Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:46:50 +1100 (EST)
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Kevin Lew -- The Eternal Kasumi wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Colin Yip wrote:
>
> > Kinda like the "Bubble Economy" that burst in the late 80's, right?
> > Still, that doesn't explain the "Bubblegum Crash" series after the OAV,
> > unless you compare the title to a metaphorical stockmarket crash or
> > something (society collapsing, perhaps?)...
>
> I don't know what they were thinking with Bubblegum Crash.  Bubblegum
> Crash, if you ask me, was a joke in the first place, and I'd like to
> forget that it ever existed.  It's like how Highlander fans don't want to
> talk about that stupid movie, The Quickening.

Personally, I haven't seen any of the Bubblegum Crisis/Crash series.
I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not 'coz I get mixed
opinions from friends who've either dead-panned it or gloss-hyped it
beyond belief... although, it seems like the dead-panners of the original
series are gloss-hyping the Tokyo 2040 series, and the gloss-hypers of the
original series are dead-panning the Tokyo 2040 series. :-)

Then there's the odd bunch who really don't care how good/bad the series
is, just as long as they have something better than nothing to
watch... :-)

--
Col'n

Search field Search string