Re: The Evolution of (Female) Seiyuu

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from "'CuSO4' Yung" <cuso4@cuso4.com>
subject Re: The Evolution of (Female) Seiyuu
date Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:41:24 +0800
> From: "Joe Petrow" <joepet@sdf.lonestar.org>
> Stage 4A: Some seiyuu find that their true talents/interests are
> elsewhere, and drift away from seiyuu work in favor of their music
> career (such as Hayashibara Megumi, Shiina Hekiru, or Kouda Mariko)
> or acting career (such as Sakurai Tomo).  Though still recognized as
> "seiyuu", they really don't do much seiyuu work most of the time.

I do not think Megumi is drifting away from seiyuu works.  On the
contrary, she still have many current roles.

> Stage 4B: After a long and distinguished career as a seiyuu, they
> have so much experience that their value rises to a level that is too
> expensive for most companies to afford.  Pretty much the only thing
> left for them in NHK Public Television Children's shows.  This is
> the path taken by Mitsuishi Kotono, Hisakawa Aya, Koorugi Satomi,
> and many others.

Kotono/Aya/Satomi are not as profilic as H.Yui or H.Megumi, but
they still get regular roles in recent anime.

--
'CuSO4' Yung
cuso4@cuso4.com, cuso4@manbow.com, chyung@hknet.com, cuso4@cuso4.org

Search field Search string