Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Kevin Lew -- The Eternal Kasumi <kasumi@usagi.net>
subject Re: seiyuu DB over 50K entries
date Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:04:30 +0900 (JST)
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Colin Yip wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Kevin Lew -- The Eternal Kasumi wrote:
>
> > No, there's a reason.  It's on the rec.arts.anime.misc FAQ if you read it.
> > I haven't read that newsgroup in forever so I don't have it memorized
> > anymore.
> >
> > If I remember right, the show's title represents a "bubble that is about
> > to burst".  That is, a situation under serious tension that's about to
> > break down and have serious after-effects.
>
> Kinda like the "Bubble Economy" that burst in the late 80's, right?
> Still, that doesn't explain the "Bubblegum Crash" series after the OAV,
> unless you compare the title to a metaphorical stockmarket crash or
> something (society collapsing, perhaps?)...

I don't know what they were thinking with Bubblegum Crash.  Bubblegum
Crash, if you ask me, was a joke in the first place, and I'd like to
forget that it ever existed.  It's like how Highlander fans don't want to
talk about that stupid movie, The Quickening.

--
   Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- kasumi@usagi.net