Re: CCS Sakura special, Music Jump

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from "mackerel" <mackerel@kawaii.org>
subject Re: CCS Sakura special, Music Jump
date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:47:44 +0100
On 10 Oct 2001 Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> | May be, if you encode it as divx (mpeg4), it'd be better?? i mean, it could
> | become at least 100Mb... ^^"""
>
> I'll try.  (but mpeg4 quality is so bad..)

Make sure you have the latest version: http://www.divx.com/

Specifically for this case, try cropping out the noise at the top and bottom
of the image which

should give less work for the codec to do.

I had a play with it, re-encoding the mpeg to divx4.1, the size of the video
only went to about 94

MB. (320kbps video, 1 pass, medium speed/quality, top and bottom 8 pixels
cropped) I then

tried further reducing the desired bitrate to 160kbps, but the file size went
up and it looked bad...

I haven't played about with the other settings yet...

mackerel ~ www.kawaii.org ~ mackerel@kawaii.org

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited