RE: The grestest overuse of 15 minutes of fame

to <seiyuu@ML.usagi.org>
from "Jim Ramberg" <ramberg@csua.berkeley.edu>
subject RE: The grestest overuse of 15 minutes of fame
date Sun, 30 Sep 2001 00:50:25 -0700
That is why I consider Kouda Mariko and to a lesser extent Okamoto Mayo
my favorites. I get such a charge out of finally being able to understand
the
words of songs that I have loved for so long. Mari-chan speaks to me about
trying to not give up on your dreams; which is so very important to me these
days.

BTW

When i first heard Morning coffee; it was the very first popular song that
I could translate. Plus; I have a thing for girls in skirts :-).

-----Original Message-----
> From: Joe Monson [mailto:nihon@nausicaa.net]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 6:20 PM
To: Seiyuu ML
Subject: Re: The grestest overuse of 15 minutes of fame

At 11:17 -0700 2001.09.28, Jim Ramberg wrote:
>that's easy morning Musume. I loved ( as Joe liked
>to ribbed me) their first single.

I _never_ liked Morning Musume. Only a couple of them had good voices, but
the rest drowned them out. I got _very_ sick of them while I was living in
Japan. That's one of the very few bad things I don't miss: hearing bad
singers being promoted like they are the best thing since sliced bread.
Only about 10% of the singers I heard in Japan (just like in the States,
too!) were any good, IMNSHO.

Joe
--
Visit: http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/