Re: The annotated Hitoshi Doi weekend 9/22-9/24

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Joe Petrow <joepet@sdf.lonestar.org>
subject Re: The annotated Hitoshi Doi weekend 9/22-9/24
date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:33:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> | On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> |
> | > My busy three day weekend.. (^_^;
> | > (Monday was a national holiday in Japan.)
> |
> | Christmas is a workday, but you get the first day of Spring and
> | Autumn off in Japan!
>
> A non-religious country..

I see two Christian churches, three temples, and a shrine on the
bike ride home from my station to my house...

> | > On Saturday (9/22), I went to the Tokyo Verdy 1969 soccer game.
> | > Of course it wasn't to watch the soccer game, but to watch the
> | > Veru Pola Girls.
> |
> | Didn't they have a mini-riot at a Verdy game a couple weeks back?
>
> I only went 9/8 and 9/22.  Don't know about any others.

The fracus was supposedly on 9/8.

> | Hitoshi suffered a dislocated shoulder boogie-boarding in Hawaii.
> | Of course, he blamed it on a bad board...(^_^;)
>
> It was a very cheap boogie board.  Not stiff enuf.

I never used a board in Hawaii.  I preferred to go after the waves
mano y mano.  This proved to be very stupid on the North Shore...

> I'm not sure it was just a dislocated shoulder..
> I hope my tendons and ligaments are ok.

Need to get that checked out before health care is slashed again.

> | > I ate two Tsukimi Burgers at McDonalds on the way home. (^_^;
> |
> | This is a hamburger with egg (imagine Egg McMuffin as a hamburger)
> | Available for a limited time only!
>
> My favorite hamburger.

I prefer the regular Sausage Egg McMuffin.

> | Great weather since Sunday.  Mid-September is an excellent time to
> | come to Tokyo!
>
> As long as the typhoons miss Tokyo.

Well, you can't plan for typhoons any more than you can plan for
hijacked aircraft.

But on the plus side, Akihabara is much less crowded during a typhoon.

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited