Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Joe Petrow <joepet@freeshell.org>
subject Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)
date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:48:59 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Akiba Itsuki wrote:

> Uh, thank you, now i see it better... Actually, i could imagine that it is
> not so easy (extremely hard, to say the truth). But, still... I can be
> seiyuu in Russia, okay. =) (i have to work hard anyway, but that's the only
> way to turn your dream into reality ^^)
>
> But, can I try to become singer in Japan?? There are foreigners who perform
> J-pop, and they are not Japanese, right?
>
> So, what do you think? Ne ne? =)

We're just telling it like it is;  that no gaijin has ever succeeded
in becoming a successful Japanese seiyuu, and few have ever become
successful Japanese J-Pop singers.

However, change is brought about by the brave people who don't
accept the status quo, and do whatever it takes to change it.

Meeting your goals would require a 100% commitment with no clear
path towards achieving your goals, other than coming in Japan and
becoming as fluent in the language and culture as quickly as possible.
The rest is up to you to figure out.

Good luck!

  - Joe

Search field Search string