Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Joe Petrow <joepet@freeshell.org>
subject Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)
date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:28:48 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, 'CuSO4' Yung wrote:

> > From: "Akiba Itsuki" <ruri-ruri@mail.ru>
> > But, can I try to become singer in Japan?? There are foreigners who
> perform
> > J-pop, and they are not Japanese, right?
>
> Yes, but very few and very hard to achieve.
>
> Some of the examples :
> Saijo Hideki (Korean)
> Judy Ong (Taiwanese)
> Agnes Chan (Hong Kong)
> Teresa Tang (Taiwanese)
> Faye Ray (forgot)
> Faye Wong (Chinese)
> Kaneshiro Takeshi (Taiwanese)
>
> Any others ?

Vivian Tsu (maybe last name is wrong...)  But even then, most, if
not all, of these people became famous in their home country before
becoming popular in Japan.

Can you run the marathon?  Lidia Simon has become somewhat of a
fringe talent in Japan since her duel with Naoko Takahashi at the
Olympics...

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list