Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)

to "Seiyuu ML" <seiyuu@ML.usagi.org>
from "Johann Chua" <fuuma@edsamail.com.ph>
subject Re: I want to be seiyuu!! Or, may be singer? ;)
date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:05:49 +0800
Dan Hollis wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, 'CuSO4' Yung wrote:
>> > From: "Akiba Itsuki" <ruri-ruri@mail.ru>
>> > But, can I try to become singer in Japan?? There are foreigners who
perform

>> > J-pop, and they are not Japanese, right?
>> Yes, but very few and very hard to achieve.
>> [... snip ...]
>> Note : all are Asian.
>
>Maybe because no caucasian's ever tried?

Olivia Lufkin, formerly of D&D, is the only Caucasian J-Pop artist I know of.
Seen her on Pop Jam and Music Jump Girl's Side (she used to be a regular as a
member of D&D).  While D&D was typical girlpop, Olivia's solo songs were more
rock (one reason why she left, I guess).  She's had a few singles though I
don't recall an album being released.  IIRC, all the members of D&D went to
Okinawa Actors School.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited