Re: I want to be seiyuu!!

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Rev <anrui@efni.com>
subject Re: I want to be seiyuu!!
date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:02:23 -0400
it's like that everywhere.

people think they can make a career out of voice acting on their first role...
what they don't
realize is that many seiyuu/voice actor's have other jobs and they often do
voice

over work
on the side.

it barely get's you enough to pay the bills...

unless you are with Disney, then you have no problem really :P

--nikkita--

Jujubeann@aol.com wrote:

> joepet@freeshell.org writes:

> > > But if she's a foreigner, the chances might be higher, if for the fact
> > you're
> > > not asian. But how well can you speak both Japanese and English?
> >
> > Why should the chances be higher if she's a foreigner?  If
> > anything, not having a native understanding of Japanese language
> > and culture should make it more difficult than a Japanese (and
> > there are already enough of them trying out...I'd guess only one
> > in every few hundred students ever do anything of note, and only
> > a small percentage of them can actually make a living doing only
> > seiyuu related work)
>
> I don't know exactly how the Seiyuu world work in Japan, but I do know some.
> And I do know this. Foreigner might have a *Very very very* hard time getting
> work, if any or into seiyuu school. I think this is for all foreingers,
> including other Asian (but I'm not sure)
>
> Why? Someone at Otakon this year, asked Midorikawa Hikaru-san about Foreigner
> becoming seiyuu in Japan. Midorikawa-san said it's very hard to become a
> seiyuu first of all. Second, there is no foreigners in this industry at all!
> There are some in the anime world working behind the scense doing backstage
> work and such. But no seiyuuing and it would be very hard for them to break
> into this business. He also said that many "can't not make a living on
> seiyuuing alone...only few make it big"
>
> I do have this on tape..I might quote the whole thing later when I rewatch
> it.
> I say you have more chance of being a voice actor in your own country or in
> USA then Japan.
>
> Juju

Search field Search string

archive list