Re: I want to be seiyuu!!

to <seiyuu@ML.usagi.org>
from Joe Petrow <joepet@freeshell.org>
subject Re: I want to be seiyuu!!
date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:51:18 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Mike L Ching wrote:

> Joe Petrow <joepet@freeshell.org>:
> >>Japanese, who listened my songs, said that i'm pretty
> >>good.. so, i wonder, if i can find producer or any chance
> >>to become my dream true? =)
> >
> >Probably no chance the old fashioned way.
>
> But if she's a foreigner, the chances might be higher, if for the fact you're
> not asian. But how well can you speak both Japanese and English?

Why should the chances be higher if she's a foreigner?  If
anything, not having a native understanding of Japanese language
and culture should make it more difficult than a Japanese (and
there are already enough of them trying out...I'd guess only one
in every few hundred students ever do anything of note, and only
a small percentage of them can actually make a living doing only
seiyuu related work)

> I'm just considering that a caucasian who can speak fluent Japanese and
> English (or any other European language) might have a better shot at this
> than native Japanese would.

I'd be interested in hearing the reasons behind this opinion.

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited