Re: After a loooooooooooooong time... [Thoughts and a little of reflexion... So, if you don't what to sleep, don't read me... ^^U]

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Henri Chen <202129a@geocities.com>
subject Re: After a loooooooooooooong time... [Thoughts and a little of reflexion... So, if you don't what to sleep, don't read me... ^^U]
date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:16:23 -0400
Kaori Miki wrote:
> And, when i was happy downloading songs... The world starts to think that
> they're illegal, and start to forbid them... T__________T Why? Obviously, if
> the big companies in USA thinks that everybody *HAS* to have a DVD player in
> these days (and they only will make a subbed version of the Weiss TV series
> in that format U), they aren't too worry for the rest of the world, who
> hasn't access to CDs or to the money to buy CDs in other countries... _  Is
> the clasical "USA's selfishness"!! Why they always think that they can rule
> the world?? T____T In some way, they actually *rule*the world, but...
> Damned... They should be a little more respectful. _ I suppose that's the
> same policy in the rest of the world...

I think you misunderstand the issue.  It is not that the world is
starting to think MP3 distribution is illegal; it is that in most
countries, distribution of copyrighted material without proper
reimbursement of the artist is illegal and has been so since the
copyright laws were created.  What in the world do DVD players have to
do with this?  I don't understand your reference.
I reiterate, this is not "USA's selfishness."  If you wrote a song and
made a living selling it, to have people get it without paying you means
you are being robbed.  And then you go hungry.
Please note that I am not claiming moral judgment here (far be it from
me to do that).  I like free music, too, especially when the music is
not just expensive but rare.  Just stating the facts, though.

> it? Because i can't understand a word of japanese, even through i can read
> almost all the hiragana and katakana signs... - i hate kanjis... why the hell
> did they exist?

Because that part of Japanese was derived from Chinese.  Now imagine if
you suddenly liked a Chinese TV show, say, Chu Liu Hsiang, and wanted to
find web pages about it that you could read.  You'd really be screwed
then.  All kanji, all the time, baby.
Anyway, back to seiyuu topics.  Sorry for the departure.  Live long and
prosper.

							Henri Chen

Search field Search string

archive list