Re: seiyuu ML matome okuri

to <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from "Sasami-chan" <b4506062@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
subject Re: seiyuu ML matome okuri
date Mon, 7 May 2001 14:08:48 +0800
Hello everyone!

I think the quotes are a little screwed up.
Anyway, you guys know who said what. :)

Mike L Ching wrote:
> From: "Johann Chua" <fuuma@edsamail.com.ph>
>Mike wrote:
> > From: "Johann Chua" <fuuma@edsamail.com.ph>
> >>Maybe girls know what a fellow girl would like to hear better
> >>than a guy can. You won't believe how many girls play Tokimemo,
> >>for one...
> >Just how much research do the game writers/programmers do?
> Dunno myself.
I can't speak for commercial game writers/programmers, but I usually
do a lot of research before I start working on a game, especially when
the game involves history or inter-personal relationships. :) For the
first type, I go to library and borrow every single piece of related
material I can get my grubby hands on. I scan through their table of
contents to find sections pertaining to the information I need. I
become bookworm for a week, then I start to work on the design.
For the latter type, besides asking obvious questions such as "what
do you consider fun?" and "what would your ideal date be?",  I usually
ask fellow netters what would be a game character's normal response
to a given question in a given conversation in a given situation. If the
love sim involves other topics like zodiacs which are often stereotyped
with a certain type of personalities, I ask friends associated to that
topics
to fill in a questionnaire for me to help me better understand how the
game characters would and would not react. :)

CheerS!
Sasami-chan

Search field Search string

archive list