Kira Melo Event Ruined...

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from "Mike L Ching" <cybertrooper@edsamail.com.ph>
subject Kira Melo Event Ruined...
date Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:39:35 +0000
seiyuu@ML.usagi.org wrote:
>From: Michael Lyon <lyon_m@efn.org>
>>This lunatic didn't come near me during the rest of the event,
>>but I did see him climbing on top of other people (stepping on
>>their back).

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised nobody tried to throw him off their backs
and then stomp him like the bug he was...

>>I'm not sure if I could have held back if he did that to me.
>
>I can't stand these kind of people. They just make me so upset
>ruining the experience for everyone. Why is it that no one stops
>these people from causing this kind of trouble?

Hard to say. Sometimes it's because these guys either have lots of money, or when
they go in look rather polite, so much so that you'd never guess they were troublemakers.

>> One of my friends got very angry at this.  After the event we usually
>> go drinking, but he waited outside for a certain loud fan so he could
>> dislocate some joints..
>
>Good for your friend! ^^;;; someone has to let them know that their
>behavior is completely not ok.

An aluminum baseball bat would have been very desirable at that particular point in
time...

>> the face.  Sayaka might have gotten hit too.  Near the end, the girls
>> where dodging the streamers as they sung.
>
>Hitting Seiyuu is going too far. If you are a fan of someone and you
>choose to inflict pain to show that you like them something just isn't
>right with that IMHO.

It's right up there with those obsessed killer fans. Kidding aside, these are the
kind of fans who believe the person they're fans of owe THEM something, and thus believe
they can do anything they want to their 'idol' (using the term loosely). Remember
that singers John Lennon and Selena were killed by their fans.

In some twisted way, I think this was good, because the normal fans will now keep
an extra eye out for those crazy ones and see if they can keep them from doing worse
things.

>> It seems the police showed up at the end of the event, as the lunatic
>> and some others seemed to have caused more trouble with the staff.
>
>Where were they during the event to deal with those causing trouble?

Sleeping, probably... -_-x;;;

> From: Bradley Huffaker <brad@ipn.caida.org>
>On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 07:29:01PM +0900, ami@ML.usagi.org wrote:
>> Luckily it was the standard paper streamers.  If it was the shiny
>> kind, it could have caused cuts.
>
>You are being far to forgiving.  The first time were possibly an >accident, but human
nature being what it is at least some small
>group were actual aiming at the girls.

Probably just for the hell of it, even. It's really depressing...actually, angering
to see people act like that. See my commentary above on obsessed fans...

> From: Joe Petrow <joepet@sdf.lonestar.org>
>On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Mike L Ching wrote:
>> Same here. Lucky if I was in a good mood, I'd have done what Hitoshi
>> did and tried to ignore him. But in a foul mood, yeah I'm afraid I
>> might have even killed the guy. It's one of those scary things I
>> realize now that I remember some of my ROTC training back in High
>> School and College.
>
>I don't think a major beating would do much good.

I'm no Martial Artist, but I did manage to break a friend's arm while free-sparring
once (not on purpose, but I accidentally ruined his soccer career). Think of what
would happen if I was doing it on purpose. And giving that guy a beating would be
difficult in such close quarters...

>At best, it gets you a little satisfaction, but gives the other guy
>an even bigger chip on his shoulder and raises the possibility he
>does something even worse the next time around.

Reminds me of one of the lessons in my ROTC days: The object of combat is to neutralize
your enemy by any means possible to keep him from harming you or those you protect.
ANY means possible, fair or foul. The point isn't to look cool, it's to protect, so
it dosen't matter if it looks brutish or ungainly, as long as it works.

I used to think (And still do) that the traditional kick-and-punch Martial Arts were
cool, but jumping around with high kicks is too much flash, too little actual effect
on an enemy. And if we're given the REALLY close-quarters situation that we have in
a concert, I doubt ny amount of high-kicking is going to be any good.

This is one of the reasons I'm sorely tempted to take up Aikijutsu sometime soon.
That and it'll hopefully help me tone down my frustrations. Been getting more of them
now that I'm working...-_-x;;;

>At worst, you start a riot, or face homocide charges.

Upon which case, I'd take a hint and run...

>Remembering that there's no such thing as a fair fight (unless there's
>money involved, and even then very rarely),

IMHO, "Fair" is what gets me and the people I care about safe and sound, S---W everyone
else, especially the offenders.

>I offer the wisdom of Homer
>J. Simpson:  remember the family jewels.  It's quick, effective at
>immobilizing your antagonist, and if you're lucky, you hinder his
>ability to breed.
>
>I haven't had to apply the "kneeling uppercut" in about a dozen years,
>but the results are always hilarious.

This coming from someone who's had Sumo training. ^^x

>From: Michael Studte <izumi@omen.net.au>
>At 12:43 01/3/30 +0800, 'CuSO4' Yung wrote:
>> I do not think you can stop them peacefully.  If you do it in
>>violence, you are also causing disturbance to the event.
>
>I wish I had been there. I think someone my size would have given
>the guy second thoughts.

Usually works. Next time guys, bring Mats over to an event! ^^x

>If nothing else, I might have just grabbed him and tucked him
>under my arm until the end of the event. ^_^

Experience (And a lot of time speaking to Aikido/Aikijutsu practicioners at work)
say it takes less effort and training to grab and break and arm than it is to punch
someone's lights out. Far more effective, too, in those kinds of situations. ^^x;;;

>>> Where were they during the event to deal with those causing
>>>trouble?
>>
>>You would not want Police presence during the event.  That would ruin
>> the atmosphere.
>
>Unless it was Minisuka Police. ^_^;;;;; (I'll shut up now.)

Minisuka...? You lost me there...o_Ox

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited