Re: Tell me it aint so!

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Mink249@aol.com
subject Re: Tell me it aint so!
date Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:49:31 EST
--part1_99.117b7358.27d466cb_boundary

In a message dated 03/04/2001 9:21:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cybertrooper@edsamail.com.ph writes:

> If I recall well, there was mention that the seiyuu of Deedlit (From Record
> of Lodoss War) was dead due to pneumonia. Heard this awhile back. At first,
> I thought it was Touma Yumi, as well (She having voiced Deedlit in the
> Lodoss War OAVs), but it turns out, it was another seiyuu (Forgot her name,
> but presumably she did Deedlit's voice for the TV series). It was an honest
> mistake, since Touma Yumi is better-known.

That would be Niiyama Shiho, and her most famous roles would be Deedlit and
Seiya/Sailorstarfighter from Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon.  She died of
leukemia in February 1998.  It's a shame, because she had a gorgeous voice
and exceptional talent.

-- Mink

--part1_99.117b7358.27d466cb_boundary

Search field Search string