cc games@ml.usagi.org, kenny-ml@top.win.ne.jp
from Stephen Lee <slee@muf.biglobe.ne.jp>
subject XFL (was Re: weekend events)
date Sun, 24 Dec 2000 22:20:11 +0900
Everybody,

Merry Christmas!

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:11:44 +0900
doi@win.ne.jp (Hitoshi Doi) wrote:

> this info is mostly for Mats, and any others who are free this weekend.
>
> 12/23 (saturday)
>  Sakurai Tomo Christmas Fantasy Live
>   I have no idea where it is..
>
> 12/24 (sunday)
>  Sakurai Tomo Christmas Fantasy Live
>   I have no idea wher it is..

It was at Oribe Hall in Roppongi.  I didn't buy ticket early, but I was
doing something else nearby so I checked it out.  Turned out they still
had tickets at the door so I went to the last show.

159 people attended, of which ~100 are fan club members (they got post
cards and got to go in first).  The hall was only half-filled.  I am not
sure how Tomo-chan felt about it...

They didn't have programs for sale.  I wonder whether they sold out, but
I don't think so.

We were supposed to be from year 2300 who were riding a time-travel ship
to see 2000's XFL event.  However there was some error and we ended up
in the 1930's Shanghai.  A Tomo-chan "lookalike" (since Tomo-chan did
not exist at the time and place) sang during this first half, mostly
slow songs. I did not recognize the songs, but then I am not very
familiar with Tomo-chan's songs.

Then a raffle was held, mostly goods from past years.  Since it is the
last show and they had a lot of 2001 calendars left, everybody gets one,
including people who bought them for 2,000 yen right before the show.
Then they raffle off Christmas gifts from each person on stage.  Some of
them brought gifts, and some of them brought rings and bracelets which
they took off from their finger/arm right on the stage.  Tomo-chan's was
a towel she brought for the show, but didn't use.  (She took it out from
the front of her shirt, though...)

The second half of the show was her old songs, and everybody joined in the
routine.  Everybody got distributed a cracker and some people brought
ribbons, which we fired off/threw at the end.  It was fun to be with
these dedicated fans.

Tomo-chan will have a Valentine event at Feb 12 next year, and she
asked us to come back for her live (I suppose XFL) next year.

Then, on the way out, they STILL have calendars left, and the girls were
giving them to everybody who wants one.  I saw one person got 10
calendars stuffed into his bag.

I got 2.  Anybody want one?  Let me know.

Stephen

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited