Re: OT: mpeg4 (was: Re: Anicom TV 2000.09.15)

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Joe Petrow <joepet@SDF.lonestar.org>
subject Re: OT: mpeg4 (was: Re: Anicom TV 2000.09.15)
date Wed, 4 Oct 2000 03:25:19 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Joe Petrow wrote:
> > I've long since given up on this thread, but my opinion is that since
> > Microsoft OS is run on much more than 3/4 of the PCs in the world, I
> > think that Microsoft is infinitely more qualified to set standards
> > than any other arbitrary, stuffy agency.
>
> So engineering decisions are to be made based on market share, not
> technical competence?

Yes.  Engineers job is to help business grow strong, so engineering
resources should be allocated to what will help business best.

> That's like arguing that building codes should be written by lumber and
> companies with the largest market share, not by arbitrary, stuffy
> engineers.

Exactly!  Of course engineers should have their say, but the boys
making the bucks get the final word.

I'm glad to see that we are in complete agreement on this.

  - Joe

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited