Re: Anicom TV 2000.09.15

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Dan Hollis <goemon@anime.net>
subject Re: Anicom TV 2000.09.15
date Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:39:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> Dan wrote:
> | Any reason you used 2.6mbit for video? It wasnt particularly better than
> | the mpegs I make at 1.5mbit.
> Since I only have a hardware encoder/capture device, I tried to
> make it with the best I can do.  The device will go up to 3Mbit,
> but then my computer sometimes can't keep up.
> So somewhere areound 2.6 to 2.8 seems to be the best for my setup.
> Is it possible to convert from a 2.6/2.8 mpeg1 to a 1.5 mpeg1
> without losing (much) quality?

1.5 mpeg1 is pretty decent, but I use software encoder[1] which doesnt
have to cut corners like a hardware encoder. You can also tune it for the
content (e.g. it has special optimized modes for different video types
like anime, live action, high motion, etc.)

> Also I watch all the mpegs at 200%.
> It seems to be better at this size when I go higher bitrates.
> (just judging by my eyes)

If the encoder is good to begin with, you don't have to use such a high
bitrate (and waste lots of diskspace).

-Dan

[1] http://www.yks.ne.jp/~hori/TMPGEnc.html

Search field Search string