Re: [TGS] mpeg of Daisuki

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
cc games@ml.usagi.org
from Dan Hollis <goemon@anime.net>
subject Re: [TGS] mpeg of Daisuki
date Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
> Software encoders require some "real" CPU power, which I don't have. (^_^;

I always wonder about that... you always seem to have really outdated
hardware... old sparcs and slow pentiums... fast pc hardware is dirt cheap
these days, especially now with AMD Duron, there's almost no excuse not to
get one ^_^;

Sell off even a tiny fraction of your old junk and I'm sure you could
afford several nice Duron workstations ^^;;

> Also whenever I do something with software encoders, things go out
> of sync (maybe because of lack of CPU).

... user error ^_^;

> One thing I like about this hardware one.. it's easy to use.

It's an advantage, but not if you want the best possible quality.

> | Try mpegtv.
> | http://www.mpegtv.com/download.html
> I hope it has been updated recently.
> When I tried this last year with various VCDs it core dumped. (^_^;

Works for me with VCD on Linux...

> It comes with Ulead VideoStudio 3.0SE.
> Is this any good?

It's ok, but if it was bundled with the hardware then it's probably
cut-down/crippled ulead software.

I use all free tools for my video work...

Virtualdub for AVI capture and editing, TsunamiMPEG and bbMpeg for
encoding.

http://www.geocities.com/virtualdub/
http://www.yks.ne.jp/~hori/TMPGEnc.html
http://members.home.net/beyeler/bbmpeg.html

I get really good results with VCD.

I'm experimenting with SuperVCD at the moment...

-Dan

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited