Re: upcoming events

to <seiyuu@ML.usagi.org>
from "KAGAMI \(D. Scott Miller\)" <kagami@plato-net.or.jp>
subject Re: upcoming events
date Sat, 1 Jul 2000 00:29:32 +0900
> From: "Joe Lin" <jlin@incyte.com>
> "KAGAMI (D. Scott Miller)" wrote:
> >Oh, heh, didn't know that. ^^;
> >Ah well, shows how much attention I pay to charts...
> >(Not that I avoid popular singers or anything -- I completely worship
>Utada Hikaru, for example. ^^;)
>
> If you like Utada Hikaru, you might like Kuraki Mai.  They sound pretty
> similar.

That may be part of the problem. :)  I can't help but compare them but Utada
comes out on top easily for me.

> >I see.  Which song is that?
> >My exposure to Kuraki so far has just been from promotion-video >download
sites...

> She sang "Secret of My Heart".

Re-watching the video for that as I write this.

I'm afraid I haven't every actually watched any of Conan. ^^;
I think if I'd heard it at the end of Conan I'd have been impressed at how
good it sounds compared to seiyuu-sung anime songs, but in the mix of a
bunch of other top-10 artists videos it simply didn't come off as special to
me. :)  (Or her others; "Stay by my Side," "Baby, I Like," "Love, Day After
Tomorrow," "Never Gonna Give You Up" are the ones I've seen so far.)

Course this is all rather a matter of personal taste...

(erm did I just insult seiyuu songs on a seiyuu ML??  oops (^^;;

I still have more Hayashibara Megumi albums than I do for any non-seiyuu
singer, so don't worry, hehe. (^^;

---
KAGAMI (D. Scott Miller)
kagami@plato-net.or.jp  -  ICQ 2121863  -  http://swbell.net.or.jp/hirohiro/