Re: Escaflowne movie (was: One better?)

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Ivevei Upatkoon <ivevei@dreamarts.co.jp>
subject Re: Escaflowne movie (was: One better?)
date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:45:09 +0900
At 21:15 00/06/12 +1000, you wrote:
>Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've never understood why fans are willing to
> > settle for that.  They do this in several anime series.  Personally, I
> > don't want to have the same story retold to me with some script doctoring.
> >
> > But in any case, I bet that I'm in the minority.  I don't doubt that the
> > movie will rack in the sales and fans will horde the merchandising.
>
>Well, you are not the only one.  I'm not really looking forward to the Esca
>movie either for exactly the same reasons as you.
>The only thing I'm happy about is that this movie gives birth to another
>possible great theme song from Kanno Yoko and Sakamoto Maaya. ^_^

I guess I'm one of the those who doesn't mind, then. I quite look forward
to seeing Esca again. Depending on the series, I usually agree that it's a
cop-out when they rehash the plot, but then again some good stuff has
come of remakes too, when they explore similar themes through a
different lense. Hopefully Esca will be the latter.

-Ive

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited