Re: Japanese Keitai Services for Foreigners

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Squeechie <boner@mail.utexas.edu>
subject Re: Japanese Keitai Services for Foreigners
date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:46:45 -0500
At 11:49 AM 4/4/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>> * You buy a "Pretty Services" Tu-ka phone at around 4500-4800 yen.
>
>Buy the phone?  What happens when you leave?  Can you keep it for when
>you come to Japan the next time?

yes...  you would just have to have Tuka reactivate it next time you're in and
depending how long off that is...  you may have to get a new number

>> * Call rates to any phone (mobile, PDC, PHS, home, etc.) in Japan
>>   are the same at 50 yen per 30 sec.
>
>Ouch!  Even the highest-gouging rates around here aren't much more than
>$0.50 per minute.

for visitors its not quite as bad as it sounds...   that's $1 a minute but only
if you make outgoing calls I think...  you can recieve and talk all you want...
and also make normal payphone calls if you need to reserve your time...

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs